10.26.2006

An only bond.

like drying string they tightened
the very fibers entwining
knots on old shoelaces

the movement of his fingers
their newly found strength
derived from persistent focus

they were ready to dwell
in an enlightened state
more for the dollar

truly a listeners delight

to the stage they wandered
straddling neon lights from above
a childs legs dangling
descending swings

the stage grew warm
the cooling fans weak and despising
their work inflicting nothing
on a mass of hot throbbing bodies

almost finished
the singer spanned
his gaze through disciples
fanatics crazed and eruptive

suddenly snagged
his glance became
on a lone iced antagonist
dwelling in the back

he asked the young fool
where do you sleep?
amongst the throngs of satisfaction
or the weakest of weak sheep

do you hide in your confidence?
are your visions of this just?
Tell me where you sleep

"An antagonist I?" he replied
"I seek not your music
not your words
nor your views
not your fans
or your lifestyle
or your vast stash of loot"

"I listened all night
Yes, I sang all along
but say to you singer
I will this one line:"

"I liked your brown boots the entire time"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home