10.24.2008

Light on the Limbs

There is a world I’ve never seen
of which I will always dream
a series of lines connecting constellations
leading me along

There is a sun
in sacred lands
in which love
moves like the sand
a touch on the arm
or a kiss on the skin

I’ve weighed down spirits
with my heart
slowing all in their start
come now leaves
let us sweep you away

----

Catching as you can
all the rain drops here
leaving not a splash for the mossy flooring
quick to the brim
and the joys of our thirst
jump to the rocks in the creek bed ‘s bottom

Go light on the limbs
and you’ll dance on water
swift as the current
surely is

Keep up with the breeze
and you’ll sail through forests
speak to the trees
and they’ll fill you in

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home