2007
I have heard quite a few new years resolutions passed down the lines of discussion, but this year it seems that my contemporaries are truly jumping into the new year with a bang - voicing their glorious goals of redemption and discipline with true passion. I have been drinking it in, allowing the aroma to fill my nose. mouth. lungs. With a new apartment and a new job imminent, I suppose it is a good time to take a step back and look at my current situation. I have decided to use this moment to work out the kinks in my impulse driven agenda for 2007.
First and foremost, I have found a new haven to shield myself from the elements. More importantly however, I can go to the art supplies store, buy some canvas and an easel and actually have a place to put it when I get home. I can play my guitar and make a case for the music gods somewhere else besides my bed. I can eat dinner at a REAL kitchen table :) and subsequently try out my kickin new sushi set. Super chopsticks to the rescue! My new roomates will be Drew and Gordan, two ambitious NYU cats interested in art and music. A happy home it will be. Located off the speedy N line, I will not only be a relatively short distance from Manhattan but I will also be able to drop in on unexpecting LIU and Queens/Astoria friends with Pie, Candy and #9!
Second, A NEW JOB. Here's the thing about ambition - it requires an engine, fuel for that engine, constant repair, upgrading and of course a little TLC. I have adapted my creative drive to accept the necessary evils of monetary gain. My engine is my creativity. My fuel is my desire. A desire to to make the money required to set my heart free. Not to "buy stuff", but to have the basics: Insurance, creative space, love, success, friends, AND MOST IMPORTANTLY: an environment that allows me to publish and publish and publish. I know, kind of scary to think dreams and money actually could be comrades in the game of life. This new job should hopefully implement my skills and aptitudes in a way that not only eases me into the professional world positively, but also builds on my current creative skill set. I wish to to map the unknown places in my soul through expression and design. Intrinsic. Extrinsic.
With that, lets do it:
- figure out what part of "back to school" really fits this 5'10 frame
- start my book
- develop a strong social network for implementing grand schemes and collaborations
- finish my record
- challenge myself at every angle
- get back out in the street with those jogging shoes kid!
- randomly audition for things
- drink less, much, much less ;)
- set a travel goal and go.
- answer the bigger questions with honesty and valued insight
- listen to more classical
- HOOKAH!!
First and foremost, I have found a new haven to shield myself from the elements. More importantly however, I can go to the art supplies store, buy some canvas and an easel and actually have a place to put it when I get home. I can play my guitar and make a case for the music gods somewhere else besides my bed. I can eat dinner at a REAL kitchen table :) and subsequently try out my kickin new sushi set. Super chopsticks to the rescue! My new roomates will be Drew and Gordan, two ambitious NYU cats interested in art and music. A happy home it will be. Located off the speedy N line, I will not only be a relatively short distance from Manhattan but I will also be able to drop in on unexpecting LIU and Queens/Astoria friends with Pie, Candy and #9!
Second, A NEW JOB. Here's the thing about ambition - it requires an engine, fuel for that engine, constant repair, upgrading and of course a little TLC. I have adapted my creative drive to accept the necessary evils of monetary gain. My engine is my creativity. My fuel is my desire. A desire to to make the money required to set my heart free. Not to "buy stuff", but to have the basics: Insurance, creative space, love, success, friends, AND MOST IMPORTANTLY: an environment that allows me to publish and publish and publish. I know, kind of scary to think dreams and money actually could be comrades in the game of life. This new job should hopefully implement my skills and aptitudes in a way that not only eases me into the professional world positively, but also builds on my current creative skill set. I wish to to map the unknown places in my soul through expression and design. Intrinsic. Extrinsic.
With that, lets do it:
- figure out what part of "back to school" really fits this 5'10 frame
- start my book
- develop a strong social network for implementing grand schemes and collaborations
- finish my record
- challenge myself at every angle
- get back out in the street with those jogging shoes kid!
- randomly audition for things
- drink less, much, much less ;)
- set a travel goal and go.
- answer the bigger questions with honesty and valued insight
- listen to more classical
- HOOKAH!!


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home