Ripe
I love this song, this album, every scathing remark
every honest delight, smothered in bittersweet syrup
I listen to it in my strongest armor, to extract the sensation of being disarmed
I turned it off when you got in
I know that meaning is a revolving door
and you're still inside while I'm spinning round and round
I'm not yet ripe
You know the lyrics well, from a past love
enveloped in bio-electronica
you are both now and then
I do not belong then
I belong now
every honest delight, smothered in bittersweet syrup
I listen to it in my strongest armor, to extract the sensation of being disarmed
I turned it off when you got in
I know that meaning is a revolving door
and you're still inside while I'm spinning round and round
I'm not yet ripe
You know the lyrics well, from a past love
enveloped in bio-electronica
you are both now and then
I do not belong then
I belong now


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home